Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management Programme with American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) recognition
- Duration – 1 year
- Minimum entry requirement – National Senior Certificate with a Higher Certificate entry, or Equivalent
- Two intakes per year: February and July
All our programmes consists of 50% academic study (classroom) and 50% work integrated learning (practical) which takes place in leading hospitality establishments. The programme’s equal emphasis on both academic and work integrated learning ensures that graduates are job ready upon successful completion.
In recognition of the quality of the International Hotel School Higher Certificate Programme, the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) will award their Certificate per examinable subject completed, to those who have registered with them and passed the subjects with a minimum of 70%.Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates will receive:
- International Hotel School Higher Certificate in Hospitality Management (SAQA ID No 88062, HEQF level 5)
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute Certificate per examinable subject completed
On successful completion of the Higher Certificate programme the achieving student will have the opportunity to further their studies by applying for credits into completing the Diploma in Hospitality Management (NQF Level 6).
In addition to the qualifications our students receive they will complete the following ancillary courses:
- Basic Beverage Services (Inclusive of Wine Service, Barista Service and Cocktail Mixing)
- Basic First Aid
- Basic Fire Fighting