Diploma in Professional Cookery and Kitchen Management with American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) recognition Programme
- 3 year programme
- Minimum entry requirement - National Senior Certificate with a Diploma entry, or equivalent
- Two intakes per year: February and July
All our programmes consists of 50% academic study (classroom) and 50% work integrated learning (practical) which takes place in leading hospitality establishments. The programme’s equal emphasis on both academic and work integrated learning ensures that our graduates are job ready.
In recognition of the quality of the International Hotel School Diploma in Professional Cookery and Kitchen Management, the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) will award their Diploma in Food and Beverage Management to those who have registered with them and passed all examinable subjects with a minimum of 70%.
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates will receive
- International Hotel School Diploma in Professional Cookery and Kitchen Management (SAQA ID No: 57449, HEQF Level 6)
- American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute Food and Beverage Management
In addition to the qualifications our students receive they will complete the following ancillary courses:
- Basic Beverage Services (Inclusive of Wine Service, Barista Service and Cocktail Mixing)
- Basic First Aid
- Basic Fire Fighting