Culinary Arts Programme
- Duration – 1 year
- Minimum entry requirement - Gr 10 pass or equivalent, a National Senior Certificate will be an added advantage.
- Two intakes per year: February and July
All our programmes consists of 50% academic study (kitchen practical and classroom theory) and 50% work integrated learning which takes place in leading hospitality establishments. The programme’s equal emphasis on both academic, practical and work integrated learning ensures that graduates are job ready.
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates will receive:
- National Certificate in Professional Cookery (SAQA ID No: 14111, NQF Level 4)
- City & Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts)
- South African Chefs Association (SACA) Membership
In addition to the qualifications our students receive they will complete the following ancillary courses:
- Basic Beverage Services (Inclusive of Wine Service, Barista Service and Cocktail Mixing)
- Basic First Aid
- Basic Fire Fighting