Now you can beat the heat with these two quick and easy summer recipes, which come highly recommended by our Senior Culinary Arts Lecturer, Channelle Boucher. Now that your exams are officially over (fist pump) you can now start celebrating the next chapter in your life. Bring on the sunset walks along the vibrant beaches, afternoon cycles, tanning on the beach or just simply lazing by the pool. We want to help you make the most of your summer!
While you’re tanning by the pool, listening to some Avicii “Levels” or scrolling through Instagram, this is also one of the best times to start thinking about your future career plans. Get yourself ready for 2019 by visiting our website www.hotelschool.co.za and viewing all the nationally register and international recognised programmes that the International Hotel School offers.
If you would like to learn how to create your own tasty dishes, so that you can spoil your family with deliciously prepared Christmas cuisine, fruity summer cocktails and yoghurts (plus you can give mom a kitchen break). Then we suggest that you look at our Culinary Programmes and speak to our consultants so that you choose a course that suits your needs.
Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt
- 4 cups of frozen strawberries (stalks removed and roughly chopped)
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup of yoghurt, double
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Now blend your strawberry frozen yoghurt recipe ingredients for a couple of minutes until smooth.
- Then pour the mixture into a reusable plastic container. Make sure that is properly sealed.
- Now, put it in the freezer until you’re ready to eat it.
Traditional Kulfi Ice-Cream
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 2 tsp white sugar
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ cup of pistachio nuts
- Stir the milk, condensed milk as well as the milk powder together in a pot. Bring it to a boil.
- Then, add sugar cardamom to the milk mixture.
- Reduce the heat and simmer low.
- Stir frequently for about 10 minutes. Then, allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
- Then pour the mixture into an ice-cream machine.
- Add in pistachios a little at a time while the mixture is in the ice-cream machine.