This exciting program will provide the knowledge and experience to move effortlessly between the most basic puff pastry to complex plated desserts. Covered in this program is: cake baking, decorative cake icing, deserts and basic bead making.
The course structure includes theory and practical cookery lessons, with 10 weeks spent in bakeries, restaurant or hotel patisserie kitchens gaining knowledge and skills on the job from industry experts.
Some of the learning outcomes are as follows:
- Prepare and bake paste based products’ and desserts
- Prepare and bake cakes and sponges
- Prepare meringue based products and desserts
- Prepare gelatine set desserts
- Prepare egg set desserts
- Prepare and bake chemically aerated products
- Prepare and cook frit based desserts
- Prepare simple frozen desserts
- Prepare and bake fermented products
- Prepare and use creams, fillings and glazes
- Prepare hot and cold sauces
- Prepare and use decorative mediums
General Kitchen Skills
- Safety at work
- Hygiene at work
- Kitchen maintenance and design
- Budget, costing and control
- City & Guilds Diploma in Patisserie
Minimum Entry Requirement:
- City & Guilds Diploma in Culinary Arts
- 6 months (July 2013 intake)
- R42 500.00 and includes all learning material, cake icing kit, uniforms and examination fees. (Excluding supplementary examinations)
- Option 1 – Early payment in full by 17th May 2013 (R40 400.00)
Full payment made by 17th May 2013. If you elect to pay by this option, you will receive a rebate of R 2 100.00 on the tuition fees.
- Option 2 – Full Payment by Registration Day
If you elect you pay in two instalments as details below you will receive a rebate of R 1 050.00 on the tuition fees. An initial payment of R 20 725.00 is due by 17th May 2013 and second payment of R 20 725.00 is due on Registration Day (8th July 2013)
- Option 3 – Late Payment Option Fee
A first payment of R 16 500.00 is due by the 17th May 2013 followed by 4 equal payments of R 6 500.00 due by the end of July 2013, August 2013, September 2013 and October 2013.
The International Hotel School is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), something very few, if any, other culinary schools are able to claim.
For further information about our courses or to book for an interview, please phone 0861 44 33 00 or Cape Town campus: (021) 555 6000 Durban campus: (031) 267 4700 Sandton campus: (011) 804 5533
Download the course outline for the 2013 City & Guilds Diploma In Patisserie (498)