This management based program focuses on how to run and control a kitchen, from cost controls, menu planning to Quality control.
The course structure includes theory and practical cookery lessons, with practical time spent learning from kitchen managers at food service management properties. Gaining knowledge and skills on the job from industry experts.
Some of the learning outcomes are:
- Food and safety operations and supervision
- Staff organisation in the kitchen & ancillary areas
- Products and development and presentation
- Cultural dimensions of food
- Costing, budget and control
- Materials management
- Production systems, planning and organisation
- Quality assurance of products and services
- Menu policy and planning
- Training and team development
- Cuisine studies: Advanced techniques
- Patisserie studies: Advance techniques
- City & Guilds Advanced Diploma in Culinary Arts
Minimum Entry Requirement:
- City & Guilds Diploma in Culinary Arts
- 6 months (July 2013 intake)
R35 200 and includes all learning material, apparels and examination fees (Excluding supplementary examinations).
- Option 1 – Early payment in full by 17th May 2013 (R33 500.00)
Full payment made by 17th May 2013. If you elect to pay by this option, you will receive a rebate of R 1 700.00 on the tuition fees.
- Option 2 – Full Payment by Registration Day (R34 350.00)
If you elect you pay in two instalments as details below you will receive a rebate of R 850.00 on the tuition fees. An initial payment of R 17 175.00 is due by 17th May 2013 and second payment of R 17 175.00 is due on Registration Day (8th July 2013)
- Option 3 – Payment in Instalments (R35 200.00)
A first payment of R 11 200.00 is due by the 17th May 2013 followed by 4 equal payments of R 6 000.00 due by the end of July 2013, August 2013, September 2013 and October 2013.
The International Hotel School is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), something very few, if any, other culinary schools are able to claim.
For further information about our courses or to book for an interview, please phone 0861 44 33 00 or Cape Town campus: (021) 555 6000 Durban campus: (031) 267 4700 Sandton campus: (011) 804 5533
Download the course outline for the 2013 City & Guilds Advanced Diploma In Culinary Arts Programme (441)