Do you daydream about being in charge of amazing events, from the food to the venues and seeing it all come together on the day? Have you ever dreamed of working and living on a luxury cruise liner, travelling the globe from coast to coast? Could you see yourself cooking and creating gourmet dishes in your own restaurant? Can you imagine yourself running the hottest club or making a name for yourself in on the club hospitality scene? Could you see yourself running a 5 star boutique hotel or even a large resort?
A career in hospitality creates endless opportunities, and with the nationally- and internationally – recognised hospitality diplomas and certificates that graduates receive from South Africa’s leading private hospitality management education provider.
Your future can be everything you’ve ever dreamed of!
The International Hotel School is proud to announce that it is once again running its annual Bursary Competition. The winner in each campus will win their tuition fees for any IHS programme they wish to study in, for the duration of the programme, valued up to R180 000!!!
We are looking for finalists who are passionate about the industry and have what it takes to make it to the top.
So, how does it work?
- The competition is open to Matric students only
- The learners have to complete a 4 days’ work experience (this can be two weekends) and a project and then send them through with an application form to The International Hotel School before the closing date.
- From these applications we will select Semi Finalists who will then take part in our Semi Finals where we will select our Finalists
- Finalists then take part in a 5 day work experience at a hotel where they are part of the staff for that week and work in every department in the hotel. They are then judged according to how they did in these departments and as a whole.
- The winner in each campus will then be awarded the Grand Prize of Tuition Fees paid in full for the IHS programme of their choice, valued at up to R180 000!!
- There are 3 winners – one from each campus (Durban, Sandton and Cape Town)