I’m in Matric and interested in hospitality – where to now?
serenaseunaria | 19 March 2014
Congratulations on choosing an industry to pursue that’s hip and happening – you won’t be disappointed! Whether it’s a career in the culinary world, hospitality operations or something completely bespoke you’re after, The International Hotel School has a variety of programmes to suit your needs. Course duration, fees and qualifications vary, so let’s take a look:
What courses can I choose from?
- Hospitality Management Programme – 3yr Full-time programme
- Professional Cookery & Kitchen Management – 3yr Full-time programme
- Hotel Operations – 2yr Full-time programme
- Traineeship in Hospitality Management – 2yr or 3yr Full-time programme with remuneration
- Traineeship in Professional Cookery – 2yr or 3yr Full-time programme with remuneration
- Specialisation Traineeships – 1yr Full-time programme with remuneration
- Christina Martin Culinary Arts Programme – 2yr Full-time programme
- City & Guilds Advanced Diploma in Food Preparation and Cookery Supervision – 6 months Full-time programme
- City & Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking (Patisserie) – 6months Full-time Programme
- Online learning – various programmes
Fees can be a challenge – can I pay off my fees?
Yes you can. There is an initial deposit payment due when you are accepted (ranging from R2500 to R5000 depending on which course you are doing). Then you can choose from three “Payment Elections” Option 1: Early payment – 5% discount; Option 2: Full Payment by registration day – 2.5% discount and Option 3: Instalment payments – Interest Free.
What if I don’t get my Matric at the end of this year?
Any applicant must meet The International Hotel School’s requirements for the particular instructional programme. All 3 year Management Diploma Programmes require a minimum of a National Senior Certificate with a Diploma Entry pass in order to enrol, subject to The International Hotel School admission and selection criteria. We do however have other programmes on offer that require a lesser Grade than a National Senior Certificate or equivalent, such as Hotel Operations, our Culinary programmes and one and two year Traineeships.
So why would I choose IHS?
- We are the largest private hospitality training and education provider in South Africa.
- Our graduates are recognised around the world for their dedication to exceptional service in the hospitality industry. Many hotel groups, cruise liners and theme parks from around the world come to recruit our students.
- Our focus is on practical as well as theoretical training, with emphasis on traditional values of service and hospitality. Students are placed in their properties by IHS, so you don’t have to find your own placement.
- We have Hotel School campuses in Sandton, Durban and Cape Town an exclusive Culinary Campus in Plettenberg Bay, and an Online Campus – IHS Online. Please hyperlink this to IHS Online
How do I apply?
Simple! Follow this link and let us open the doors to your international hospitality career! http://www.hotelschool.co.za/apply/